If you are anything like me, Mondays are your least favourite days of the week. I am usually filled with anxiety and worry about the week ahead. Lately, I’ve been dedicating Sunday nights to gathering my thoughts and just relaxing whether it’s with reading a book or watching some Netflix. Here are some of my favourite ways to relax on Sundays to get ready for the week ahead.
- Do Some Stretching – I love to look up relaxation yoga poses on Pinterest and focus on my breathing and relaxing my muscles. I like to do this as I’m getting ready for bed so that I can feel relaxed and at ease and get a better night sleep.
- Do a Face Mask – Face masks are a great way to change your thinking. I’m not saying that self-care is simply putting on a face mask and calling it a day but I find putting on a face mask and taking a bath helps me feel at ease.
- Take a Hot Bath – Speaking of baths, a hot bath with episome salts or bubble bath are a great way to relax and helps calm your muscles. I like to light a candle, play some music and sometimes I read a book or just put my head back with my eyes closed.
- Plan The Week Ahead – I love my planner (I could not function without it!) and I like sitting down Sunday night and plan out my week. I plan blog posts, my goals for the week and usually, I’ll plan my meals for the week.
- Eat a Healthy Snack – One of my favourite snacks to eat is plain (or vanilla) greek yoghurt with berries, granola and honey. It’s filling but not heavy and delicious!
- Read a Book – I love putting on my coziest PJs and slippers, making a cup of tea and curling up with a book (usually with my cats snuggled next to me). If you are looking for book recommendations I suggest BookBaristas and joining her book group!
- Unplug Yourself – Even if it’s just for an hour or two, taking time to unplug from your phone, TV or computer is a great way to collect yourself and your thoughts. Whether you are reading, journaling, drawing or even cleaning, you’ll feel a huge difference from unplugging!
- Write a Self-Love and Gratitude List – Every Sunday I like to sit down with one of my thousands of journals and write out a list of things I love about myself and what I’m grateful for from the previous week.
- Go for a Walk – Getting outside and going for a walk, even if it’s a short one, is a great way to relax. I like to listen to music or the sounds of nature and take pictures (especially in the fall with all the beautiful colours!).
- Make Your Bed – Honestly, I know it sounds weird but there is nothing better than getting into a bed that has been made. I like to spray my pillows with the aromatherapy Sleep Pillow Mist from Bath & Body Works and apply some essential oil to my pressure points.
I hope these self-care tips help you have a relaxing #SelfCareSunday and remember, self-care isn’t selfish!
Until next time,
Michaela Kathleen xx